On my most recent birthday, I was having a good time, enjoying all the pleasant experiences, pleasant people, being surrounded by those who love me--and I thought, "What if every day were my birthday? What if every day I woke up feeling this is a special day, that I’m going to be treated like I’m loved and important to the people in my life, that I can do what I like and smile on the world, because it’s smiling on me?"
Just for awhile every day, one could ask: What will today be like if I expect to be treated that well, as considerately, as kindly, as lovingly? What if I accept nothing less?
- I awaken with anticipation of pleasure, thinking that good surprises will grace my life today.
- I eat what gives me pleasure for breakfast, and dress in what gives me pleasure, what looks great on me, is comfortable, feels good.
- I walk with a spring in my step, with anticipation of people relating to me with pleasure. I approach or contact people I know are likely to do that.
- I am kind to myself all day, resting when I am tired, caring for my body and my spirit with top level care, because I’m important and I know it.
- In the afternoon or evening I surround myself with those who love me and enjoy my company. We show appreciation to each other. It’s a party just being together.
- People give me things they think I’ll enjoy. I show appreciation. I give gifts to myself and let others know I appreciate gifts in season and out of season, and I give them to them too.
- I go to bed satisfied, remembering the pleasant experiences and sensations of the day. I look forward to a future with such pleasures and joys.
Extend the joys and pleasures of your birthday, of holidays and events. Don’t wait for them to come to you, build them into your life on a continuing basis.
Happy Whatever Day It Is Today!